After compiling over 100 of the best songs from 2013, the staff at Rager Onions put their super-powers (our brains) together and narrowed it down to ten. Ten s0ngs that not only caught our ears, but blew our minds.
Without further adieu, the Top 10 EDM Songs of 2013.
10. Protohype chilled out a little with this track, and the result was a masterpiece. With one of the most motivational songs of 2013, “Fly” is a tasty dubstep anthem for any music palette. Seriously, even your grandma might like it.
9. The dark horse, Andy Duguid, takes trance to a whole new level with “7Even”. Like all great songs, this one gets better with every listen. One might even call it ‘orgasmic’.
8. The French sensation has done it again. Madeon may not be old enough to drink alcohol in the U.S. yet, but he did produce one of the top-10 EDM songs of 2013. Kids these days.
7. Disclosure and Flume in the same sentence? You know it’s going to be nothing but gold.
6. Coming from one of this years top LP’s, Sub Focus also found his way onto the top-10 with this up-beat, D&B melody. Whether you’re having problems at work, problems with a girl, or problems doing laundry on a consistent basis – this song will surely put you on the right path.
5. Dillon Francis did a lot in 2013. But nothing was more impressive than his first love song, “Without You”. According to Dillon’s Soundcloud, “This song is very meaningful to me because as TEED and I were working on the song I was having relationship problems of my own. He ended up writing the song about the whole situation i was going through..”
4. Just nasty. Trap isn’t dead yet, you guys. You heard it hear first: What So Not is the future of trap.
3. Audien exploded in 2013, and we’ll expect nothing less in 2014.
2. Our #1 EP of 2013 belonged to KOAN Sound & Asa’s Sanctuary. “Starlite” took the EDM world by storm, and for good reason.
1. The song that was at the top halfway through the year, stays at the top. Funky, passionate, and perfect for love making – this collaboration from two of EDM’s brightest minds will go down in the record books. Because “Easy” was the best EDM song of 2013.
The best remix of 2013 belongs to Kat Krazy.
We just can’t say enough about Sound Remedy. So we won’t.
This song got bumped from the top-10, but The M Machine deserves a lot of love for this “Tiny Anthem”.
You’re going to hear this song on the radio a lot over the next few months, but make no mistake about it – it was one of the best EDM songs produced this past year.
We’re all hippies at heart.